Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blue Lacuna Fan Art



A while ago I received a beautiful piece of art illustrating a moment from Blue Lacuna. I was excited not just because it's a beautiful image, but because it was the work of Evan Dahm, one of my favorite webcomic artists. I had previously read Evan's beautiful Rice Boy, a heartbreaking, mythic fable set in a fantastical world. (Anyone who enjoyed Blue Lacuna would certainly like Rice Boy, too.)

I think what pleases me most about the image is its remarkable attention to the particulars of the story. Beyond just the topography of the island, tiny details are just right-- like the outfit the central character is wearing, or the tunnel mouth by the roots of the windsigh tree. You can click on the image for a larger version.

So thanks, Evan, for the gift; and if you haven't read Rice Boy (or Evan's current episodic webcomic, Vattu) it's well worth checking out.

2 comments:

gnome said...

Stunning art inspired by an amazing game. Thank you!

Jizaboz said...

Very nice picture